The Blue Mosque is a famous historic mosque in Tabriz, Iran. The mosque and some other public buildings were constructed in 1465 upon the order of Jahan Shah, the ruler of Kara Koyunlu. The mosque was severely damaged in an earthquake in 1780, leaving only the iwan Reconstruction began in 1973 by Reza Memaran Benam under the supervision of Iranian Ministry of Culture. However, it is still incomplete. Madame Jean Diulafova, a French architect and a French archaeologist who traveled to Iran with his wife from the French government to carry out archeological excavations, named his mosque named Tabriz’s mosque in his book.