Salehie School and Mosque
Hajj Mohammad Saleh Baraqani Qazvini one of the scientist the righteous scholars created the mosque and school of Salehie in Qazvin, based on the inscription on it, in 1248 AH. With an area of 4670 square meters, this building is one of the largest Islamic schools in Iran and one of the largest Shi’a philosophical schools in the 13th century AH.
The mosque and school of Salehie is located on the western side of Qazvin market and in Deimaj district on the west of Molavi Street, which is one of the most valuable historical regions of Qazvin. The mosque is located in the north of the school and its entrance is from Mowlavi Street. The school has a large middle yard where the spaces around it have been arranged.
The restoration project has begun since the beginning of 2009, which followed by two sections. The first part involves the restoration of the school mosque with the approach of restoration of the main use of the building. The second part was designed for needs of contemporary and improve the quality of Islamic science education and according to the criteria of the Cultural Heritage Organization. This section includes spaces such as libraries, meeting halls, classrooms, and parking lots that will be implemented in the upcoming stages.