Holy shrine museum
Astan Moghaddas Museum is one of the oldest Iranian museums that opened in November 1314 in the inner courtyard of the Fatima Masoumeh Shrine and the current location of the mosque of Shahid Motahhari and was transferred to the current location in Astana Square in April of 1361.After the construction of the museum, part of the works of the houses shrine was also transferred to the museum. Some of the works were also transferred to the museum from some of tomb, around Qom. The museum has an area of about 1,000 square meters and consists of two floors and two showrooms, as well as administrative parts, museum, repository works, security and is equipped with protective systems.
The oldest part of the museum’s works is made up of pottery from BC, which relates to the ancient Silk district of Kashan, and some also belong to the ancient region of Qom, which belongs to the first and second millennia BC.